When it comes to a meal that’s as satisfying to cook as it is to savor, my Pan Seared Salmon with Lemon Garlic Aioli takes the spotlight. This recipe combines the rich flavors of perfectly seared salmon with the zingy freshness of homemade lemon garlic aioli. Served atop some tender steamed asparagus, this dish not only pleases your palate but also provides a burst of color and nutrition to your plate.
Before we dive into how to prepare this dish, let’s talk about the ingredients you are going to need. For your lemon garlic aioli, you will need mayonnaise, garlic cloves, lemon juice, Himalayan pink salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
For the salmon, you will need a salmon side, extra virgin olive oil, and some more Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground black pepper.
And finally, for your steamed asparagus, you will need asparagus (of course), salted butter, and AGAIN…some Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground black pepper.
This journey to culinary excellence begins with the aioli. This delicious sauce forms the backbone of your dish, adding a tangy, garlicky twist that perfectly complements the salmon’s rich flavor. To make it, begin by whisking together your mayonnaise, minced garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set it aside, allowing the flavors to meld together and intensify as you move onto the next step.
Next, prepare your salmon. Begin, by cutting your salmon side into six 2-inch wide filets (about 6 ounces a piece) and removing the skin on each. Rinse each filet thoroughly and pat them dry with some paper towel. Lay your filets out on a plate. Brush each with a thin layer of extra virgin olive oil and season with your salt and pepper to taste. Flip your filets over and repeat this same process on the other side.
After your salmon is prepped, preheat your cast iron grill pan over high heat. While your pan is preheating, prepare your asparagus and get it in your skillet to steam. To do this, cut off the woody end of each asparagus stalk (about 1-2 inches) and set them aside. Then, add a thin layer of water to a shallow skillet (make sure your skillet has a lid, as you will need it for the steaming process). Place your asparagus down in the water, spreading it out as thinly as possible. Cover your skillet and bring your water to rolling boil over high heat. Steam your asparagus for a few minutes while watching it closely. As soon as it turns bright green, remove it from your stove and drain off any excess water. Top your asparagus with your butter and cover your skillet again, allowing the residual heat to melt your butter. Toss to coat each asparagus stalk with your melted butter and salt and pepper to taste.
When your grill pan is finally hot, sear your salmon filets for about 2 minutes on each side or until a caramelized crust forms on the surface with visible grill marks. Remove your seared filets to a plate to rest.
Now, it’s time to assemble your masterpiece. On each plate, arrange 4-6 stalks of your buttery, tender asparagus. Gently rest one of your seared salmon fillets atop this vibrant bed of greens. Finally, crown your creation with a generous dollop of your zesty lemon garlic aioli, adding a burst of citrusy excitement to tie your entire dish together.
With each forkful, you’ll experience an exciting combination of textures and flavors – the flaky, succulent salmon collaborates perfectly with the tangy aioli and crisp, vibrant asparagus. Enjoy this Pan Seared Salmon with Lemon Garlic Aioli as a testament to the beauty of how simple, quality ingredients can be transformed into a culinary masterpiece that captivates your taste buds and warms your heart!
Pan-Seared Salmon with Lemon Garlic AioliCourse: Sweet Recipes
My Pan Seared Salmon with Lemon Garlic Aioli combines the rich flavors of perfectly seared salmon with the zingy freshness of homemade lemon garlic aioli. Served atop some tender steamed asparagus, this dish not only pleases your palate but also provides a burst of color and nutrition to your plate.
LEMON GARLIC AIOLI
1 cup mayonnaise
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
¼ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 (32-36 ounce) salmon side
1-2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 bunch fresh asparagus
3-4 Tablespoons salted butter
Himalayan pink salt, to taste
Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Lemon Garlic Aioli: In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, minced garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Salmon: Cut salmon side into six 2-inch wide filets (about 6 ounces a piece) and remove skin on each. Rinse each filet thoroughly and pat dry with paper towel; lay out on plate. Brush salmon filets with thin layer of extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Flip filets over and repeat on other side.
- Preheat cast iron grill pan over high heat. While pan is preheating, prepare steamed asparagus. When pan is hot, sear filets for about 2 minutes on each side or until caramelized crust forms with visible grill marks. Remove to plate.
- Steamed Asparagus: Cut off woody end of asparagus (about 1-2 inches); set aside. Add a thin layer of water to a shallow skillet (make sure skillet has a lid). Place asparagus down in water, spreading out as thinly as possible. Cover and bring water to rolling boil over high heat. Steam for a few minutes while watching closely. As soon as asparagus turns bright green, remove from stove and drain off excess water. Top with butter and cover skillet, allowing residual heat to melt butter. Toss to coat each stalk with melted butter. Salt and pepper to taste.
- To Serve: Place 4-6 stalks of asparagus on plate. Rest salmon filet on surface of asparagus and top with Lemon Garlic Aioli.