This page contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Who doesn’t love a bowl of refreshing mint chocolate chip ice cream on a hot summer day? If you’re looking for a guilt-free version that won’t spike your blood sugar levels and will help you maintain your beach body, you’re in for a treat, because I am about to share with you how to make my simple, yet delightful, Sugar Free Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. With just a few ingredients and a little bit of patience, you can create this creamy and minty dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth without the added sugar.
This ice cream is not only a delightful treat but also a healthier alternative to traditional ice creams loaded with sugar. Whether you’re following a low-sugar diet or simply looking for a guilt-free dessert option, this recipe will surely satisfy your cravings, and since peppermint is also a powerful appetite suppressant, this ice cream will help keep you feeling fuller longer. So, go ahead and gather up your ingredients and get ready to WOW your family and friends with this cool and minty treat. They’re not going to believe it’s sugar free!
Let me begin with a bit of a disclaimer…there are some ingredients included in this recipe in which the brands matter considerably. Trust me, I have tried and tested several different ingredients and brands along my Keto journey, and I can tell you that the ones I share with you in this recipe are by far the best I have found. With that being said, you are going to need the following ingredients to make this ice cream:
- Heavy whipping cream
- Vanilla extract
- Green food coloring (this is totally optional, but if you appreciate the novelty of a green mint ice like I do, go for it)
- Unsweetened almond milk (the brand doesn’t really matter for this, but I use Silk)
- Dark chocolate (this is the ONLY brand I use for sugar free chocolates – you can also substitute dark chocolate baking chips for the chopped chocolate chunks).
Once you have gathered all of your ingredients, begin by beating your heavy whipping cream in a a large bowl until stiff peaks form. Next, gradually add in your allulose, beating well after each addition. Beat in your vanilla extract, Natural Peppermint Bakery Emulsion and food coloring ( if you are using it).
Then, with your hand mixer on high, slowly pour in your almond milk, beating thoroughly after each addition.
Now, here comes the part where you get to make a decision. If you prefer a creamier ice cream (and you own an ice cream maker), go ahead and dump your mixture into your ice cream maker and freeze it according to the manufacturers instructions. Add in your chocolate chunks at the end of the freezing time and allow your ice cream maker to incorporate them into your ice cream. Store your ice cream in an insulated, airtight 2.5 quart ice cream tub in your freezer. This is my favorite one to use for all of my homemade ice creams.
Now, if you don’t own an ice cream maker, or you are just pressed for time, NO PROBLEM…the no-churn version of my ice cream is just as delicious (and honestly…it’s the way I make it most of the time)! All you have to do for the no-churn version is fold your chopped chocolate into your mixture to evenly distribute it, transfer it to an insulated, airtight 2.5 quart ice cream tub, and freeze it for 4 hours or overnight (I generally prefer freezing it overnight). Also, if you don’t have an insulated ice cream tub, you can simply use any air tight container.
Allow your ice cream to thaw for about 10-15 minutes before serving. This will soften the texture slightly, ensuring a smooth and creamy consistency. Garnish it with some fresh mint leaves, a sprinkle of additional chocolate shavings, and some whipped cream on top.
Whether you follow a low-sugar diet or just desire a guilt-free dessert, I promise you, this Sugar Free Mint Chocolate chip Ice Cream will surpass your expectations! So, go ahead and embrace the summer with a scoop of homemade goodness and let the cool and minty flavors transport you into a world of guilt-free indulgence!
Sugar-Free Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Craving a cool and refreshing treat without the guilt of added sugar? Look no further! My Sugar-Free Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream will help you indulge your cravings while keeping your blood sugar levels in check.
16 ounces heavy whipping cream
¾ cup allulose
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons LorAnn Natural Peppermint Bakery Emulsion
2-3 drops green food coloring, optional
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
3 ounces Lily’s dark chocolate, chopped*
Lily’s dark chocolate, chopped
Lily’s dark chocolate baking chips
- In a large bowl, beat heavy cream on high with electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Gradually add in allulose, beating after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract, Natural Peppermint Bakery Emulsion and food coloring (if using).
- With hand mixer on high, slowly pour in almond milk, beating after each addition.
- For a creamier ice cream, empty mixture into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturers instructions. Add chocolate chunks at the end of freezing and allow ice cream maker to incorporate them into ice cream. Store in an insulated, airtight 2.5 quart ice cream tub in freezer.
- For a no-churn ice cream, fold chopped chocolate into mixture to evenly distribute. Transfer to an insulated, airtight 2.5 quart ice cream tub and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- Allow ice cream to thaw for 10-15 minutes before serving. Top as desired.
- * Substitute Lily’s dark chocolate baking chips